As an HVAC company owner, you may have shopped around for a suitable HVAC software solution and may have had trouble finding one that fits. There are several brands of HVAC software out there and what you buy and how you set it up will determine your competitiveness and profitability.
In other words, you need HVAC software that is reliable, accurate, follows high industry standards, is easy-to-use, cost effective, and comes with a free trial. So, what you need is XactRate. XactRate has packed all of the necessities in a system to operate a HVAC company from: office scheduling dispatch; truck inventory; trackable travel time and diagnosis per service ticket; field generated service tickets; Service tech productivity; equipment sales; multiple service techs on the same ticket and much more in reporting. Everything about XactRate is in real time operating on an iPad, Android, smartphone or PC.
When looking for HVAC software to effectively run your business, you should consider all aspects of your business rather than focusing on only one particular segment. That is to say, you should not only invest in a flat rate catalog or software, or inventory sheets, or a heat load program or an accounting package. Instead, you should consider an all-in-one software package. One that is fully integrated in all departments of your business so that your company can be understood by all of its employees. The software package should be reasonably priced with the option to discontinue use without making major investments.
XactRate offers you all of this and more…But you don’t have to take my word for it. Because in this article, we’ll look at what you need to look for in HVAC software for your business. So, here goes…
- The technology should be mobile: With mobile technology being the norm, technicians out in the field can access their schedules, pull up and drill down into a customer’s service history, update job statuses, convert work orders into invoices and proposals, and so on. XactRate’s mobile technology will redefine how your company works and operates.
- The software should have a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database: Software with a CRM database will allow you to reach the right customers with the right messages at the right time. CRM databases are built for allowing you to track and manage all your customers, contacts, job sites, service, and job history. XactRate allows for superior CRM management and lets you track customer data and work flow.
- The software should allow for better service tracking: With better service tracking you can generate more revenue. With XactRate’s software you can run a report to see which accounts are due for service, and who is past due. You can also set reminders to alert you before your customer service agreements are about to expire.
- The software should allow you to schedule and track a job every step of the way: You will be able to track a job from the moment a call comes in, to the moment an invoice goes out. XactRate’s software comes with a rich set of scheduling and dispatching features for both office users and field technicians.
- The software should help make the estimating and proposal writing process better: You should let your HVAC software make the estimating process better, faster, and easier. This is because you will be able to customize your proposals and pull in exact costs for equipment, materials, and labor. XactRate’s HVAC software can help you in all of this.
- The software should allow for sophisticated inventory management: Dedicated inventory management not only helps with organization, but it also allows you to understand your inventory activity, and see where you are overspending. With XactRate software, you will be able to forecast when you need to reorder parts and supplies, and the exact quantity you will need.
- The software should evolve with your business: You need HVAC software that is constantly evolving, just like your business is. So, you need software that will not only meet your needs now, but will evolve with you into the future, which could be today, tomorrow or 10 years from now. With XactRate you will have a software package that will evolve with your business.
- The software provider should offer technical support: You need a software provider that also provides you with technical support. It is quite common to have questions or concerns when you install a new software. If your HVAC provider does not provide technical support, it will be difficult for you to get up to speed in learning and using this software. XactRate provides ongoing technical support to all of its clients.
So, now you know what you should look for in an HVAC software. All HVAC software is not equal, so when you think about investing in it, do think about the reputation of the company and how that can help you ramp up your business. Here’s to investing in the right HVAC software…always!
For more information on how you can choose the best HVAC software for your business, contact XactRate at 504-737-1957 or go to http://getstarted.xactrate.com/contact-for-more-info